As you will have seen in the news the Covid-19 vaccination programme has now commenced, it has been agreed we will deliver our COVID vaccination clinics as a Primary Care Network (PCN) which comprises of Wolstanton Medical Centre, Lyme Valley Practice, Milehouse Medical Practice, Miller Street Surgery, The Village Surgery and Higherland Surgery.
We started vaccinating on Thursday 14th January 2021. Delivering the vaccine is now our key priority and we would ask patients to be patient with us as we roll this out alongside our usual winter pressure demand for NHS Services. PLEASE DO NOT CALL PRACTICES REGARDING THE COVID VACCINE, instead we will be calling the appropriate patients directly to book you in for the vaccination. Unfortunately, due to ad-hoc deliveries we are unable to advise when you will be called, but please be assured you will be contacted over the next few months.
The vaccination clinics are being held at THE GORDAN BANKS SPORT CENTRE, NEWCASTLE COLLEGE, Knutton Road, Newcastle ST5 2GB. The centre is clearly signposted. Please do not turn up if you do not have an appointment. Vaccines are limited for booked appointments only.
For information on which cohort you fall into please follow the link Vaccine priority groups: advice on 30th December 2020
Vaccine priority groups: advice on 30th December 2020:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over