Try the NHS App
If you’re a patient at our practice, you can use the NHS App to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
It doesn’t replace existing services.
You can still contact us in the usual ways. But, once you have verified your identity in the app, you will have easy, 24/7 access to a growing range of health services and information.
If you already use Patient Access you can continue to use it. But the NHS App will give you easy and secure access on your smartphone.
What the NHS App does
- Advice and information
– search symptoms, conditions, and treatments, get health advice through 111 online, find NHS services near you & check your NHS number
– book and cancel appointments, check your referrals and hospital appointments and manage vaccinations
– nominate a pharmacy and order repeat prescriptions
- Manage your health
– access your GP health record securely, register your organ donation decision and take part in health research
- Send and receive messages
– send an online form about your symptoms, conditions, or treatment directly to the surgery, receive messages and notifications, view messages from your GP surgery and get notifications through your phone or tablet
- Help someone else
– link profiles and apply to access the health records, appointments and prescriptions of people you care for (including children) – or get help from someone you trust
- New NHS App features – Hospital Appointments
While you are waiting for your hospital appointment, operation or treatment, you can now use the NHS App to view and manage your hospital appointments, and access information and support while you wait to be seen.
You will be able to see all your referrals and hospital appointments in one place via the NHS App, and have a single point of contact for each appointment.
If you already use Patients Know Best you can continue to use this, and you can also use the NHS App.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Contact the surgery by phone or in person
- Verify your identity
- Secure a username and password
- Enter Patient Access and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.