It is helpful to know if you have a Carer (someone who takes on an unpaid caring role) or if you are a Carer for someone else. We have a page dedicated to Carers where you can also register with us as a carer so we can provide you with additional support.
This is for patients who are due an annual asthma review. You can use our online form to submit your review to us, or alternatively drop into the surgery and we can provide you with a paper form to complete.
If your symptoms are deteriorating or you have any concerns, please make an appointment to the respiratory nurse as well.
A wide range of clinics are held to promote good health and help in the management of long-term medical conditions. For some of these, you will need to be seen by a doctor first to be referred to the clinic.
- Asthma clinic (run by the practice nurses)
- Diabetic clinic (run by Dr. Edwards with a practice nurse)
- Cardiovascular disease clinic (cholesterol, high Blood pressure, heart and stroke) (run by the practice nurses)
- INR clinic (for people on warfarin) (run by the practice nurses)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease clinic (emphysema and chronic bronchitis) (run by the practice nurse)
For some others, you are welcome to ask for an appointment directly
- The family planning clinic (contraception) (run by the practice nurses)
- Well woman clinic (including HRT and cervical smears) (run by the practice nurses)
For the remaining clinics, you may be invited to attend, such as the
- Baby immunisation clinic (run by the health visitor)
- Child health clinic (run by the health visitors with a doctor in rotation)
- Coronary heart disease prevention clinic (run by the practice nurses)
- Antenatal clinic (run by the midwife)
The practice provides a range of family planning services and advice including; general advice, prescription as appropriate for hormonal contraceptives, and the contraceptive injection (Depo), as well as referral for sterilisation for men and women where appropriate.
Unfortunately we are no longer able to offer coil fitting or Nexplanon insertion or removal at Wolstanton Medical Centre.
Alternative provision for contraception is through the community services provider at Ryecroft Medical Centre and at Cobridge Community Health Centre. Details can be found at www.staffordshireandstokeontrent.nhs.uk/Services/CASH.htm. It is also possible to make appointments by ringing 0300 7900 165 during the following hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30am-6.30pm, Friday 8.30am-3.30pm and Saturdays 9.30am-2.00pm
People seeking the intrauterine system such as Mirena® for non-contraception purposes will need to be referred for a gynaecological opinion.
The practice is actively engaged in health promotion.
In particular we can arrange; primary prevention e.g., advice on smoking, diet & exercise and immunisations both adult and childhood; screening, e.g., blood pressure checks, cholesterol estimations, cervical smears, travel advice and vaccines etc.
If you would like to discuss any of these please see one of our nurses.
Our Practice Nurse offers the following services:
- Maternity Care (including antenatal, postnatal care and baby care)
- Chronic Disease Checks
- First aid advice, Blood and Urine Tests, Dressings, removal of stitches etc
- Ear syringing
- Adult and Childhood Immunisations
- Travel Immunisations
- Stopping Smoking
- Cervical Smears / Contraception Services
- Family Planning
- Health Promotion e.g., dietary advice and advice on smoking
- Advice on Diet
- Post Natal Exams
- Spirometry (lung function tests)
- New Patient Screening
Medical Examinations (Non-NHS)
Certain services provided by the Doctors are not covered by the NHS and fees are payable for such items as:
- LGV & PSV licences
- Elderly driver licences
- Pre-employment medicals
- Private certificates
- Holiday vaccinations
- Insurance claims
- Fitness for sports
Please ask the receptionist for such services. Charges are payable at the time of attendance, and the BMA recommended scale of fees is on display at the reception desk. For further information please see Why do GP’s charge?
A current list of fees is displayed in our Waiting Area. It you have any queries regarding these, please enquire at Reception.
Self-certificates are available from your employer for sickness of up to one week. Any certificate required from the Doctor for periods up to the first week can only be provided as a private certificate for which there is a charge.
We offer a full range of vaccinations for foreign travel. For all advice and information regarding foreign travel please see our Travel page.
Most travel vaccinations provide to patient are under NHS expense which is free of charge. Our Practice Nurse is fully qualified and experienced. We offer readily available appointment for travel vaccination every week.